Staring August 10, Manhattan Fire District will be resuming car seat checks with a few modifications:
1. Checks will be by appointment ONLY Monday-Friday between 9 AM - 3:30 PM
2. You must wear a mask. The Car Seat Technician will also be wearing a mask and gloves.
3. We will still practice social distancing.
4. You will be doing the installation with instruction by the Car Seat Technician. The tech is not allowed in the vehicle.
5. Once you have arrived for your appointment, park in the main parking lot (by electronic sign) and call to let us know you are there.The technician will meet you in the parking lot. If it is raining, we will give you instructions on where to park.
To make an appointment, call 815-314-2303. Leave a voice mail with your name and phone number and we will get back to you to make your appointment.
Car Seat Safety Tips: How to Choose the Right Seat